Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Closing one door...


When I joined Midnight Youth my ambition in life was to write and release an album – I didn’t care what it cost or how it was received, I just wanted that record in my hand to share with my family, friends and, one day, kids.

We were a gang of boys jamming twice a week and playing the odd show in small pubs around Auckland for three years before my life changed - I had the chance to achieve that final goal, to record an album.

Once it was released I had acquired, briefly, that fleeting feeling of utter contentment in life.

Then the record happened to be successful and I chose to leave my fulltime job and follow my music and a new set of goals. It was a huge life-change and one that I’ve followed for the past three years around the world, constantly soaking up the highs and lows and growing in my musical journey.

Six years after that dream began I’ve come to the point of another new beginning. It’s a long time - in a period of a person’s life where personal realisation and change is rapid - and what I’ve recently discovered about myself is that, to be happy, productive and to grow more as a person, I need to make a fresh start. In order to do this, there is no doubt in my mind that I need to leave my band.

Midnight Youth has, undoubtedly, given me some of the best years I will have in my life and I am well aware that I may never have the same kind of commercial success in a chosen field ever again. I will forever be indebted to the guys in the band and the people who supported and fell in love with the songs we created and gave me a stage to perform upon.

But life isn’t all about perceived success; some of it is about love, passion, challenge and change within your own mind and those closest to you and these things, unfortunately, present no smooth, constant road.

I have now chosen to pave my own street, pack my own bags, strip myself naked and, importantly, sing my own song. Follow me if you choose…

http://www.facebook.com/jeremyredmore

3 comments:

  1. You still rock my world! This is bittersweet, but I look forward to hearing your new music and reading this blog.
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with Kate! All the best Jeremy. Discovering Midnight Youth really was one of the most pivotal points of my life and now I simply can't wait for your future successes ~
    (Wish the video wasn't private!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, awesome, awesome version of this song. Love it. Can't wait to hear what you've got in store!

    ReplyDelete